WSAVA – FASAVA 2018
25 – 28 September 2018
Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
We are planning an unforgettable experience of learning and exploring, with the most up to date topics and highly qualified speakers. Relevant topics that would be very useful to apply in our clinical scenarios are carefully chosen.
Submit your abstract and present your work at WSAVA/FASAVA 2018!
Abstract Submission Deadline: 27 February 2018
Join us in tropical Singapore, where you will get to excite your sensations of sights, smells and taste in our “little urban garden”.
“Pig, Poultry and Dairy Focus Asia 2018” or in its short version, “PP&DFA 2018” is the leading technical conferences for the Asian pig, poultry and dairy sectors. It is organized by VNU Exhibitions Asia Pacific Co., Ltd. and Positive Action Publications Ltd. which is owned by Mr.Nigel Horrox. He is a livestock professional who has 42 years’ experience. He is a poultry veterinarian who has consulted globally, owns a UK food testing laboratory and is the current global president of WVPA. He is also the only person to have worked on all editions of our conference.
Pig Poultry & Dairy Focus Asia is a respected and independent three day technical conference for livestock industry. It brings together some 95 international speakers from around the world who come from the management, nutrition, veterinary and breeding fields. The conference markets itself through its tradition and reputation and its technical programs that include plenty of useful and practical information for every delegate. Attend one or more of our conferences to hear the latest insights of excellent speakers to and broaden your knowledge. The invited speakers will share their technical and latest knowledge with you and stimulate discussion and debate.
For more information, please click here
Online registration, please click here
The World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) today launches its fourth annual photo competition on the dedicated website: www.oiephotocompetition.com
Paris, 1 February 2018 – The OIE will be holding its annual photo competition from 1 February to 15 April 2018.
The Organisation has given prominence to its major mission of improving animal health and welfare in the photo competition, whose aim is to visually and creatively show the crucial importance of the work done to protect animal health and welfare worldwide through the implementation of OIE International Standards The competition also seeks to highlight the crucial link between animal health and welfare as well as the significance of these latter elements to face the challenges of the future, and preserve human health and ecosystems.
The winning photos of the 2018 OIE PHOTO COMPETITION will therefore be those that best illustrate, both from an artistic and a descriptive point of view, the work carried out by animal health and welfare players. The jury will especially consider photos depicting the work of public and private Veterinary services in protecting animal health and promoting animal welfare worldwide in the context of the OIE Standards’ implementation, thus ensuring public health.
Photos should highlight the human/animal interactions that typify the activities of animal health and welfare professionals under the following themes:
1. Animal disease surveillance, prevention and control. Photos could depict surveillance activities, vaccination campaigns, prophylaxis, and diagnostic tests, including interaction between wildlife (birds, rodents, etc), environment and livestock.
2. Animal welfare. Photos could illustrate transport of animals, stray dog management, working animals, and other topics addressed in the OIE welfare standards’ chapters.
3. Animal production systems. Photos could demonstrate familial, extensive or intensive farming systems, as well as transhumance, pastoralism systems, etc, with when possible a special spotlight on sustainable practices.
4. Aquatic animal health and production systems. Photos could show farmed fishing systems,amphibians, crustaceans, farmed fish, molluscs and their products.
5. One Health. Photos could depict the essential link between human and animal health and the ecosystem in which they co-exist.
6. Veterinary education. Photos could illustrate young students in practice/ training, veterinary education establishments and facilities etc.
2018 OIE PHOTO COMPETITION PRIZES
1) OIE Global Network
Each prize winner will receive the sum of €1,000.
A winner will be chosen from each region in the OIE Global Network:
2) Veterinary StudentsEach prize winner will receive the sum of €500.A winner will be chosen from the entries submitted by all veterinary students from each OIE region:
2018 OIE PHOTO COMPETITION JURY
Dr Monique ÉLOIT
OIE Director General
Dr Botlhe Michael MODISANE
President of the OIE World Assembly of Delegates
Veterinarian and press photographer
Are you at least 18 years of age, part of the OIE network OR a student above 18 years of age studying in a faculty of veterinary medicine? If so, you can enter – just follow these steps:
The results will be announced on the photo competition website www.oiephotocompetition.com on 16 May 2018. Winners will be notified in advance by email.
Complimentary cheques will be awarded during the Opening Ceremony of the 86th OIE General Session on Sunday, 20 May 2018.
For further information, contact the OIE Communication Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following are considered to be members of the OIE network and eligible to enter the 2018 OIE Photo Competition:
The following are the requirements for students to be eligible to enter the 2018 OIE Photo Competition: